Since we all share the cost of energy consumed in our Condominium, it is our collective responsibility to do their part to avoid wasting energy. Here are some things you can do:
- Use energy saving florescent or LED light bulbs
- Turn off lights, appliances, heaters, and electronic equipment when not being used. This is particularly important when you are going out or going away.
- Keep your windows closed when your heating or air conditioning is turned on.
- In moderate weather, such as spring and fall, save energy by turning off your heating and cooling, and opening windows as necessary to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature
- Regularly clean the lint trap for your clothes dryer, and have the dryer and venting professionally cleaned from time to time
- Avoid running your clothes dryer for only one or two items
- Do not leave refrigerator or oven doors open unnecessarily long
- Occasionally have the coils on your refrigerator cleaned
- When purchasing new appliances or equipment, look for energy saving models